Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On a Ledge and Looking Over

Well, today was my first real day at "work" on my journey towards Financial Luxury and towards a Million Dollars. It's kinda scary when I think about it. I've taken a huge step and I'm only going to school part-time this semester. While I love the idea of not having to worry about bad math profs or homework up to my neck, it's scary not having a set of directions and an instruction manual.

For 13  years I've been in school, always being assigned things, always being told "do step one, then step two". Now, for the first time, I'm really striking out and doing my own thing. I don't have an instruction manual - I've got a whole bunch of material and some idea of where I want to go and what I want to do, but I don't have a teacher to ask for help. I'm on a ledge and looking over the edge, staring into a beautiful, open horizon with birds, sky and ocean, but I don't know how to safely leap down into it's comfortable expanse.

I spent most of today studying the material from InfoMedia, and it was pretty interesting, but all throughout I had "Mind Frick" - or doubt, for those who haven't gone to MMI yet - going off left and right. It wasn't a conscious "oh, this is hard" it was a sort of feeling of mild freedom. I'm not on campus, waiting for my next class to start - I'm at home making my own class at my dad's computer in a small makeshift office in the kitchen. I'm playing my favorite songs over and over again as I type away on ideas for this blog, ideas for other blogs, ideas for webpages, Squidoo lenses and businesses.

All in all, today was a productive, interesting day. I'm slowly finding out that there's a light presence in the wind on this figurative ledge - a wind that's telling me to just focus on flying out there, and pretty soon I'll end up learning how to surf on that ocean in my head. I guess that's a pretty bad use of imagery, so I'll clear it up. Somehow, my "higher" self - my heart and my desire - are telling me that all I have to do is just go on out there and walk. Pretty soon, I'll look up and see that I'm smack dab in the middle of my destination - with another path leading even further into my dreams.

So, for all the youth who might someday read this, if you ever feel a bit of doubt on whatever life-changing decision you make, stand there, and listen with your heart. What does your intuition say? What does your heart, without hearing all the things the world is telling you happens to teens who decide to start their own business, tell you to do?

I hope it helps - I'll let you know how my heart treats me throughout my journey forwards.

Life is a Journey - Not a Destination.
Namaste,
Clarise

1 comment:

  1. Wow, part-time school, you're really going at it ! I just finish reading You Call the Shots by Camron Johnson, a web entrepreneur who made his first million online by the time he ended high school ! His book is awesome and really inspiring for young entrepreneur specially if you wanna build a business on the web. Get it for 5$ : http://astore.amazon.com/mypr05-20
    cheers

    ReplyDelete