Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Lesson in Blogging... Oh dear...

Well, this is going to be the start of something new on Seventeen Going On One Million. This is the start of regular - and notably shorter - updates! I've been told by various experts in the Blogsphere (okay, maybe not - it's my dad) that the key to Successful Blogging is the use of regular updates and short posts.

Firstly - I've never really been able to keep a "diary" or various forms of it. The closest thing to a diary that I've been able to do is write in one of a wide variety of stories fairly regularly (about once or twice a week). So, this is going to be something of a New Year's resolution. I shall write three times a week (then move to daily) and write short posts. I have to admit that when I write I write without end... It's a bad habit - and something that gives me grief when I'm assigned to write a 250 word report.

However, this is going to be the beginning of the Revolution! I shall write a shorter post!
On that note, I have to really express my surprise at exactly how easy blogging can be - and how interesting it could be. A few weeks ago, my dad introduced me to a blog written by a lady who wanted to practise her writing skills. The topic of the blog? News Anchor Brian William's Tie. That's right, his tie.

Take a look for yourself, her posts are small, daily and have garnered enough attention for her to be mentioned on MSNBC. Marvel At Brian William's Tie here.
Well, that's all I'll write for today. Whew - that was... easier than I expected... hmm... I'll be back tomorrow, then!

Never Forget a Good Sign Off (not like I did...)
Namaste,
Clarise

1 comment:

  1. hi there Clarisse ... nice short and up-to-date entry there. For a while I was impressed that you've been consulting with various blog experts. Then you revealed that it was me. And "maybe not", I assume, refers to not an expert. So now I'm just confused.

    But hey, still a nice blog. Can't wait to read about your actual topic.

    Blog on, baby, blog on. (Oh that's so 2008)

    ReplyDelete